- Family Chiropractic Care
- Sport Injury Management (spinal and full body injury management)
- Rehabilitation (in clinic advice and on site rehabilitation services such as at a gym or hydrotherapy pool)
- Musculoskeletal Dry Needling (uses acupuncture needles to treat pain syndromes)
- Pre and Post-Natal Musculoskeletal Care (pregnancy related management)
- Applied Kinesiology (a chiropractic system that evaluates structural, chemical and mental aspects of health using manual muscle testing with other standard methods of diagnosis)
Chiropractic spinal adjustments are a very powerful treatment tool and a chiropractor's competence in this area is what separates chiropractors from other practitioners. Dr Nicola offers many different ways to "adjust" spinal fixations such as:
- Manual adjustment/ manipulation where an audible release or crack may be heard (this sound is merely a result of a gas bubble forming inside the joint)
Lower-force techniques such as:
- An activator (a device that delivers a painless impulse into a joint)
- Blocks that use gravity to stretch the pelvic joints into better alignment
- The drop-piece table which involves sections of a table dropping to facilitate movement in a joint.
- Sustained direct manual pressure on fixated joints associated with deep breathing
Dr Nicola uses different adjusting techniques in different circumstances but, rest assured, he will only use techniques that you are comfortable with.
One of the attributes of Dr Nicola's treatment that separates him from many other chiropractors is that he does not only rely on adjusting joints. Dr Nicola understands the great importance of proper spinal function and the impact spinal dysfunction has on the nervous system but he also believes that other factors can play a huge role in pain syndromes and impaired mobility and function. Various types of tissue damage, muscle tightness, muscle inhibition (weakness), fascial restrictions, foot posture, TMJ (jaw joint) function, faulty motor patterns and a host of other factors need to be addressed to best treat an injured patient and to keep patients functioning at an optimal level.